Sunday, August 1, 2010

Weddings

Since I created a Facebook Page a few months ago, I have had many people ask me if I photograph weddings. GREAT QUESTION! Here is the answer: YES! I am actually starting to get into weddings more and I have found that so far I am LOVIN' them!

My first wedding, several years ago, was to say the least, the scariest day of my life. Oh, don't worry, the pictures came out fine and the clients were very pleased with the end result, but I almost gave myself a heart attack trying to remember everything to do. My biggest fear was that I would forget to take a crucial picture from the day. I mean, it's not like you can RE-DO a whole wedding day! But, as with most things, those fears subsided with practice. I have been a second shooter for my great friend and business partner, Christen Byrd, and have really enjoyed photographing weddings. I have learned that being organized pays off! I ALWAYS go over ahead of time with the client a list of pictures to make sure I don't leave out a very important shot. It also helps to have an assistant the day of the wedding. I would not have made it that first wedding if it weren't for my mother, the best assistant EVER! She followed me around with a clipboard and kept telling me, "Don't forget to take this one!" ha! She's super woman! If you are looking for a photographer for your wedding, I would LOVE to sit down with you and talk to see if we are a good match for your special day. You can always email me questions or a request for a price list as well!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your new blog, honey! (and I am NOT superwoman; I've just had MANY years of experience directing weddings!)

    ReplyDelete